Chin is Sick

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinglexi

At first my chinchilla was grinding his food and didn't eat as much so we took him the vet and the vet put him under to look at his teeth. When I got him back he said the teeth were fine but my chin was soaked because they put rubbing alcohol on him and tried to rinse it off. Wrong on so many levels. He gave us an antibiotic but the dose was too high so he had diarrhea. We lowered the dose but now he is barely eating and isn't pooping much at all. The vet said if the meds didn't work then we can bring him back and he will do blood work. Please help, I love this guy.:cry3:

2nd opinion, this vet has too many strikes against them to even say for sure what is or is not wrong.

I second Dawn on the 2nd opinion. Hopefully there's a more knowledgeable exotic vet in your area, but if not, maybe driving a little further away could save your little guy.

Get some Critical Care and start syringe feeding him, plus get another vet opinion ASAP.

Back