chin in the sun

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davey

is it ok for a chin to be in the sun?? from what i have read off the internet it apparently can damage theyre eyes, and obviously chins are very prone to heat stroke so that would be one reason why i would think they are not allowed too, yet my chin will squash himself as much as he can into the corner of his cage where a tiny bit sun shines onto in the afternoon. can anybody give me any info on this??? :thumbsup:

i've read about chins sunbathing like that before. i think as long as they have somwhere where they can move away from the sunlight, and the room temperature is in the correct range for them, it would be fine. he's choosing to be in the sun, and obviously likes it.

I've got chins that love the "window" view. They will try to stay in the sun as long as it slants into their cage. First time I saw this I covered the window and got scolded for it. So I leave it uncovered now. Rarely do I see them out of the sun if it is available. Remember the sun is one of the most healthy things you can do for your body just as long as it is in moderation. Having a "cool" place or shaded place available just makes it better for them if they do want out of the sun.

Ronda

Latest posts

Back