Chin herbs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I look for a place with only organic herbs.
Yes you want only organic, that way you know there was no chemicals sprayed on them or anything. The amount that is considered "safe" for humans can be too much for chinchillas since they are so much smaller, meaning higher risk of them getting sick.

Yes you want only organic, that way you know there was no chemicals sprayed on them or anything. The amount that is considered "safe" for humans can be too much for chinchillas since they are so much smaller, meaning higher risk of them getting sick.
Hi, one more question, Hershey is on Cipro can I give him the herbs and bee pollen while on antibiotics. Also, how far apart to give herbs when I give him his antibiotics. Do I have to wait 2 to three hours before or after the antibiotic. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, I have a chin who is on Cipro can I give him the herbs and bee pollen while on antibiotics. Also, how far apart to give herbs when I give him his antibiotics. Do I have to wait 2 to three hours before or after the antibiotic. Thanks

Hi, I have a chin who is on Cipro can I give him the herbs and bee pollen while on antibiotics. Also, how far apart to give herbs when I give him his antibiotics. Do I have to wait 2 to three hours before or after the antibiotic. Thanks
I have never given antibiotics but I don't think it matters when you give treats, but depending why he is on antibiotics and how he is eating I wouldn't give treats until he is done. If it's not for something like a gut infection or something I know some people will give a tiny bit of a treat right after to help the chin get the taste of the meds out of their mouth and as a reward for taking their meds. Bee pollen though is rich so it's best to limit that one to just a few grains a week.

It's probiotics that you want to wait a couple hours after the antibiotics before giving, since you don't want the antibiotics to kill the good bacteria you are trying to put back in his system.

I recently tried White Mountain Herbs and was pleasantly surprised at their variety, quality and low prices. (plus, free shipping over $20) They sell by the oz. However, since the site isn't for chinchillas, you'll have to be sure to double check which ones are safe. for example, I ordered lavender, chamomile, hibiscus, and jasmine. (Oh, and just a heads up, once oz of jasmine or chamomile flowers goes way farther than one oz hibiscus so if your chins love hibiscus like mine do, consider ordering a greater quantity)

Last edited:
Are you looking for a physical store? or somewhere online? You can get chin safe herbs from places that sell loose tea, like health food stores and some grocery stores sell organic herbs. If you mean online you can get organic herbs on Amazon, or chinchilla stuff vendors like Supplies, Treats, Accessories for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Ferrets, Rats and Home - Rondas Chinchillas There are other places but those are the two I can think of off hand that have a good selection.
I love Rondas but the shipping always gets me. :(

Back