Chin feels bloated!! She barks and acts a bit different. HELP

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macaroni and Chiz

Animal obsessed
Recently my chin has been acting a bit differently. She is sleeping more, eating her food really fast, not nearly the crazy active chin she normally is. Well the past couple of days I have noticed she has felt bigger, more bloated. When I pick her up from kinda her stomach area she does a little squeak, does it hurt her? She is barking a little bit and she NEVER does this. My other chin gets freaked out when she barks. I would take her to a vet in an instant but unfortunately I cannot afford it at the moment :( Does anyone know any herbs or anything that may help so she doesnt die, and so I can avoid a vet?? If there is nothing else I can do then I will try and find a way to take her to a vet. Just please help all you can, I am worried!!

sorry for the long post...

So she has all the signs of being pregnant, except the nipple thing so far. I guess it is a possibility. I bought her from a lady off craigslist, I dont know how long this lady had her, but it sounded like not very long. She said that the pet store told her the chin was 2 years old and she didnt have her for long. I have only had this chin for a bit over three months which is the time you start noticing if she is pregnant. Is it possible she got pregnant in the pet store?? If you dont think its pregnancy and its something else, please tell me!! I need any help!

If she is okay with being handled try weighing her every few days. If she is increasing in weight it is more than likely. You are right those do sound like pregnancy symptoms. Is she in a kit proof cage?

Just watch her, is she eating and drinking? Pooping and peeing?

I will be getting a scale hopefully Saturday so I can monitor their weight. She has increased quite a bit in weight. She isnt in a kit proof cage but I do have one on hand. I counted the days I have had her and it is a couple weeks more than 111 days, so she isnt pregnant.

Eating and drinking has increased. Doesnt poop as much and pees fine. I think she just has a gassy problem

Never put anything in their water. Just give it to her from the dropper, they usually like the taste. I believe a full dropper twice a day is fine. You should still try to get her into see the vet though. There may be something else going on with the gas like a blockage or something.

I have been giving her one drop every few hours. I am still gonna try to get her to a vet if she doesnt improve in a couple days. She has been jumping around a little more but still not quite herself.

Try offering a dropper full of simethicone a few times a day. Also, I would administer a gentle abdominal massage (circular downwards motion towards the anus).

Back