Chin dust?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use blue cloud because it is easily available in stores here. i've never even seen the blue sparkle locally.

from what i've read, more chin people use blue cloud, but blue sparkle is just as good (it leaves a 'shimmer' on chins after).

i use blue cloud because it is easily available in stores here. i've never even seen the blue sparkle locally.

from what i've read, more chin people use blue cloud, but blue sparkle is just as good (it leaves a 'shimmer' on chins after).

I have to agree with ChinnyMom about blue cloud. I also haven't seen blue sparkle locally either.

I also sell Blue Cloud.

It really depends on personal preference. I have used both and prefer the blue cloud but just by a little bit

I just purchased a 14lb bag of blue sparkle off of ebay w/free shipping for $21.95 and it shipped fast. I also had like $5 in ebay bucks, so it was $16 something. Definitely a great buy!

I just purchased a 14lb bag of blue sparkle off of ebay w/free shipping for $21.95 and it shipped fast. I also had like $5 in ebay bucks, so it was $16 something. Definitely a great buy!

:impatient: YOU and your coupons!!!!

Got a question regarding dust, though. I didn't think to ask what kind of dust came with my chins (it was in their bath house), and when I ordered a chin assortment pack from a site recently, they included dust, but again I do not remember what kind......would it hurt my babies to use the newer stuff--even if it wasn't the same?

:impatient: YOU and your coupons!!!!

Got a question regarding dust, though. I didn't think to ask what kind of dust came with my chins (it was in their bath house), and when I ordered a chin assortment pack from a site recently, they included dust, but again I do not remember what kind......would it hurt my babies to use the newer stuff--even if it wasn't the same?

:rofl: What can I say? I hate spending monies. Coupins (if possible) are the bomb. I'm just not as good as those coupon clippers on TV.

On chin world, you can get 50lbs of blue cloud dust for $36 (I'm not sure what shipping costs are) but to me that seems like an amazing deal.

i just got a 50lb bag of the blue sparkle. and honestly there is less sparkle than i actually expected.

im with kristy. i like the blue cloud just slightly better. when dealing with multiple chins, it is definitely more cost effective to buy the sparkle. and when those chins are just pets......sparkle gets the job done. plus with the cost savings, i tend to use more of the sparkle so they are getting super clean. i was stingy with the blue cloud!

i just got a 50lb bag of the blue sparkle. and honestly there is less sparkle than i actually expected.

im with kristy. i like the blue cloud just slightly better. when dealing with multiple chins, it is definitely more cost effective to buy the sparkle. and when those chins are just pets......sparkle gets the job done. plus with the cost savings, i tend to use more of the sparkle so they are getting super clean. i was stingy with the blue cloud!

I'm wondering if getting the 50lb bag would be overkill for me with my two chins.

With shipping (eek at $48) it comes out to about $84.32 which is still only $1.68 lb shipped. Not too shabby. It's a May special so I don't know how long it will last. How long does dust stay good for? Forever as long as it's cared for properly? I paid like $9.99+ tax for 3lbs originally from Petsmart.

Ive had my Blue Cloud for over a year now and it stills smells..well dusty. It doesn't have that stale smell to it and smells like the day I got it. I keep it in a clear Rubbermaid container away from sunlight and where anything could possibly get spilled on it.

But for sanity sake: Can anyone tell me what dust would smell like if it does go bad?

Mold? Lol.

BTW, Lovin, I do not think the new dust would hurt your chins unless it was absolute crap. Even then I don't think it will hurt them, more or less not clean them as well. If it is dust, I'm sure you're fine. But if you are that worried about it, maybe you could contact whoever sent it to you and find out for sure what it really is?

I've used them both, didn't really notice a difference between the 2 but am sticking to the Blue Sparkle being I can get a 50lb bag at Ryerson's for $14 and for me shipping is $21.47 UPS Ground....way cheaper than the ripoff petstores for sure!

Mold? Lol.

BTW, Lovin, I do not think the new dust would hurt your chins unless it was absolute crap. Even then I don't think it will hurt them, more or less not clean them as well. If it is dust, I'm sure you're fine. But if you are that worried about it, maybe you could contact whoever sent it to you and find out for sure what it really is?

Thanks for answering my original question! I didn't think so but just like to be sure. I could contact the seller, but I'm not sure if she'd even know....if you don't specify then she just picks one, :unsure:

I've used them both, didn't really notice a difference between the 2 but am sticking to the Blue Sparkle being I can get a 50lb bag at Ryerson's for $14 and for me shipping is $21.47 UPS Ground....way cheaper than the ripoff petstores for sure!

If I could hug you, I would. :hug2: But that's all I can do. Shipping for me is a little bit more, but oh my, it's still way cheaper than the original deal I was getting (which I was excited about). I can get it $30 cheaper shipped from Ryerson's for blue cloud and $40 cheaper if I go with the sparkle. You rule, Dawn!

You know, I was thinking about it and am amazed. If I continued to buy blue cloud from the store (3lbs) for $9.99 I would pay approximately the same amount that I could for 50lbs shipped to my door then the total 15lbs I'd get from there. Wow.

Thanks for answering my original question! I didn't think so but just like to be sure. I could contact the seller, but I'm not sure if she'd even know....if you don't specify then she just picks one, :unsure:

I didn't respond at first since I was giving someone with more knowledge than me time to answer. ;) But since they didn't, that's all I got. :tease:

Your welcome, I'm all about saving $ too!
I have 3 chins and I buy EVERYTHING in bulk (TSC Hay cubes, Ryerson's Dust, and grab 60L bags of carefresh ($13.47 a bag) for there litter pans. Way cheaper to order online (at least for me) than paying the outrageous amounts some of the pet stores are getting for little bags/containers of this and that.

Latest posts

Back