Chin doing a weird butt/leg stretch? o.o

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mircat

Uh this might be a little awkward but I'm wondering if it's normal. I've noticed my chinchilla (male) doing this weird little stretch where he lifts up his but so that his back legs are extended straight. The first time I saw him doing it he also let out a little grunt. Have you guys noticed a chin doing this or should I be wondering if something is bugging him?

Does he so it right after he wakes up? I've seen my girls stretch in funny ways after sleeping. I've never noticed a grunting noise though.

He was probably readjusting himself after cleaning. Two of my boys do this all the time and it's either right after or right before they "clean" themselves. It kind of looks like they are trying to mount something with their front paws still on the ground.

Has the chin done this only once or is it often? Bloat can cause strage stretching motions. Is the chin eating and drinking, energy level normal? A motion like that they will also do when they release the penis from the sheath for cleaning.

He's not eating as much for like the past several days. Other than that everything is normal, he runs around like a madman trying to climb all over my furniture. Oh, also last week he got his foot caught twice. Once was between a storage grid and my bed, the other time was in his cage on the second floor between a bar and a hammock strap. But, he didn't limp or cry out or anything like that so I assume he's fine right?

Latest posts

Back