chin color question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeeleyAnne

Buddha & Moose (:
What types of chin colors look similar to standards? Are there any? My chin looks like a standard but his back is pretty dark (seems to get darker every day) and he has a dark stripe between his ears that goes down his face. Then the hair on his tail has turned white at the tips. All of that has happened as he has been getting older. (He is only 6 months old) Is that just typical of a standard, or is he possibly something else? I am the worst at distinguishing chin colors, so I need some help!

Usually if the tail has white, then he's a white. Your best bet would be to post pictures, then we can tell for sure. Standards can be pretty dark as well, but the white tip changes everything.

Sounds like a normal standard to me. The dark line is called the "grotzen" and extends from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail. It just becomes less obvious as it goes from the head.

I agree with Therese, though. Post a picture and we'll be able to determine the color for you.

OK I'll try to get a good picture. The whole tip of the tail is not white. The actual strands of hair on his tail are white tipped. So his whole tail looks like you brushed baby powder or chalk over the hair. If that t makes sense. Let me find a picture.

OK I'll try to get a good picture. The whole tip of the tail is not white. The actual strands of hair on his tail are white tipped. So his whole tail looks like you brushed baby powder or chalk over the hair. If that t makes sense. Let me find a picture.

Ah, ok then its probably a standard. If it was the whole tip, then it would be different.

Based on the picture you posted in one of your other threads, he's definitely a standard grey.

Latest posts

Back