chin buddies for pair?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightnurse

I'm wondering if anyone has fleece buddies in with their bonded pairs and if it might cause any squabbles. I brought home another rescue a few months ago and want to start the bonding process. We are going super slow. I made Darwin his buddy within the first week of getting him and he just loves it to bits. Always cuddling with it. I'm hoping that he'll be just as happy with Shinobi if they can bond but Darwin was so mistreated before that I really try not to stress him out at all (or he chews his fur again.) Luckily the new guy is very stoic and laid back so I don't think he'll worry over anything. Just wondering if I take away the buddy if I ever get them in the same cage to make sure no fights happen. Do pairs even normally show interest in buddies? Thoughts appreciated.

From my limited experience chinchillas (once bonded) will cuddle with eachother over anything else when given the option.

Back