Chin bonding fail?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiaismypet

Hello.

I got a new chinchilla a while ago named Rose , in February. I wanted to bond her with my other chinchilla named Chia.

I only started bonding recently because Rose had a tough life. She was abused and abandoned prior to my care. Her fur was horrible and she was scared of humans.

After months and months of trying to have a bond with her. She finally warmed up and lets me pet her and she hops on me a lot. :)

I didn't want to bond her before I was bonded to her first. I started bonding the chins by bringing there cages beside one another. Also, letting one play while the other watches from their cage.

The new chin, Rose seems very calm and doesn't mind my other chin. I'm confused though, I am not sure if Chia is being aggressive... or playful? When Rose is playing outside she starts jumping around in her cage like crazy. She popcorn's in her cage and tries to dig out of her cage too.

She seems to be making chin chit chat as well. That low chirping sound, sometimes. Another thing she does is bite the bars once in a while when Rose is out. Is she mad? Or happy? I don't want to move on in the bonding process until I know if she is being bad or good. haha :p

Extra information: Chia is 3 year old female and I had her since she was 4 months old. Chia is the more energetic chinchilla, she jumps around a lot. Even before I decided to get her a friend she would talk to herself. She does it now as well.
Rose is a 2 year old Female. She isn't as crazy as Chia at all. She doesn't seem to talk much either. She seems to want to be friends with Chia.

Hope I make sense. Please give me advice! Also, some bonding tips would be awesome! :)

Back