Chin boarding/sitters in/near Chicago, IL?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourfourtwo

Hey, I've tried searching around a bit online but I can't find much.

I'm looking for a reliable place to board a chinchilla for 3-4 days while I'm out of town. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In case no one else answers, if you're having trouble, ask your chin's vet or vets in the area, they may know more places to check. I don't know how many establishments there are that cater to chins. Likely your best bet will be a trusted friend who can follow instructions well and can call you at any point.

In case no one else answers, if you're having trouble, ask your chin's vet or vets in the area, they may know more places to check. I don't know how many establishments there are that cater to chins. Likely your best bet will be a trusted friend who can follow instructions well and can call you at any point.

Thank you! We actually asked the Vet the last time we went and they told us they didn't know. They said they would board her but I'd rather someone interact with her and let her roam. Our worry with trusted friends is that she's a sneaky bugger and can be difficult to catch. We also don't want her to wreak mayhem with someone who isn't experienced with chins!

I would Google pet sitters in the Chicago area. I just took a quick look and one was offering visits for 25 minutes per day for small critters. It is not the best not to be able to board, but places are so hard to find. I live 2.5 hours away from you and know of no boarding near here. I just was married and gone for 34 days and used a daily pet sitter for six chins two cages. It is expensive, but be sure to ask to be charged by the cage and not per chin. My pet sitter is great she even weighed my chin with a hear mummies daily as I requested.

Where in Chicago are you? I'm in the northwest suburbs....

Latest posts

Back