Chin bath options

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinMom

Hi. I wanted some input about what structures you use for your chinchilla bath? I really like to avoid using plastic in the cage and thought to consult all of you for creative ideas.

Both excellent ideas. I love the fish bowl. I never thought of that. Maybe do some velcro on the bottom to keep it from tipping.

60411.jpg

(not my chin)

I use a standard dust house like that. Since dust baths shouldn't be left in the cages on a daily basis i haven't had much issue when them. They get all excited and take there bath, then i take the house away from them and put it away, out of reach

I use the regular plastic one like godofgods showed and the ryerson metal dust pans. I've also used glass pickle jars in the past. Dust house should not be left in the cage so plastic is not a problem.

Agreed, the bath containers are not left in there continually, but I will let then have "bath time" in which I choose not to have plastic which they will chew on. Other than the fact that it is cheap for companies to produce, I don't understand why so many of the products for chinchillas, hamsters, etc are made of plastic when it is horrible for them. I do like the Super Pet ceramic bath house (the big chinchilla one) but they really aren't big enough in my opinion for a full grown chinchilla. I love them for the smaller ones though.

Latest posts

Back