Chin Barking at Night?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiboo

Last night something strange happened that I haven't run into in my couple months of owning my 9 month old female chinchilla, Boo. At about 2 am last night she began to bark, which I found strange as she never does that. I turned the light on and she was in the corner she usually sleeps in, with her ears down like she was sleeping. Only a couple of seconds after i turned the light on, she ran to the door of the cage to greet me. I took her out and inspected her, and she seemed fine besides a small patch where she had dropped fur after I vacuumed her cage out the previous day. (She was, of course, out of the cage, but loud noises drive her crazy) In that spot there's a very small red spot. I can only compare it to a pimple. It's looks like the chinchilla equivalent to a human pimple. Also, I noticed a tiny bit of dry flaky skin around her ears, but I feel the two are unrelated incidents. Still, help would be greatly appreciated with either.

im not sure about the pimple looking thing, but chins do sometimes bark to what we would see as randomly. They made have heard something outside the building that alarmed them. They may have been talking in there sleep. Or they might just be vocal for the **** of it. If you dont see anything wrong with her, then chances are shes ok in that matter.

Back