Chin attraction preferences

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_lvr

I have just converted a playhouse in the playroom to a chinnie exercise playroom. I have a cage with two girls across from the play area. When I've brought a couple of males down recently for a little exercise, I've noticed that the girls go "nuts" for one more than the other.

I bring Smokey down and they could care less, uninterested in the activities of the male 5 feet away. However, when I bring Kirby down...entirely different story, all the sudden the two are jumping through their cage, doing popcorns and speeding around going nuts for Kirby. I've also brought Kirby down first...they go nuts, then Smokey...same reaction....crazy in love with Kirby; could care less about Smokey.

I've tried on a couple of different nights now to observe the changes in their reactions and was curious if any one else had some funny stories of their "rockstar" chinnies that make ALL THE GIRLS GO NUTS.....Or if my sweet Kirby is the exception to the rule....(although I'm feeling a little sad for sweet Smokey....)

If you have the room, add a toddler slide - straight or curved - to a playroom. It's fun to watch them try to run up backwards up the slide, just like kids!!

I'm getting the extra ledges up first, and hopefully eventually... I dunno...a picture....

I just found it bizzare that my girl have a strong preference for Kirby and were totally uninterested in the other boys that came to play. Not once, but EVERYTIME, no matter the sequence of who is brought out first those girls go Gaga over Kirby!!

Back