Chin and chemo treatment

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaJTA

That guy.
It seemed like this would be the best section for this question, but mods please move if not.

There is a strong likelihood that my lymphoma is back after 3 years. I did not have Flea last time my cancer hit, so it was not a concern, but this time the doctor wants to go more aggressive with the treatment and go with chemotherapy this time along with antibody therapy. I know we have have had some members go through treatment while living with chins so I was wondering a few things:
1) I know chins don't carry a lot of communicable diseases, but if my immune system is compromised, are there any I need to worry about?

2) Since they will be hitting me with some pretty rough drugs, should I check on finding a friend to do the major cleaning and stuff while I am in treatment to avoid exposing him to any residual chemicals?

Any other suggestions that people who have been in my position could offer as far as care for Flea, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Jer, ditto to what Laura said. You're going to need Flea by your side during this period of time, and I sure hope there aren't any issues that will restrict your time together. Stay strong, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

yes Christine will probably be able to help you with this.

My heart goes out to you and will send you possitive thoughts

Back