Chin Advertisments?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose

Moose
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this...but...I have an english assignment (college) and it has to be over an ad and how the person approaches emotional, logical, etc appeals.
I want to do a Chinchilla ad against fur or for fur...and talk about how it appeals to the viewer (against fur would be best).
Does anyone know where I could find such an ad?
Also, I wanted to bring my Chin in to add to the appeal...good or bad idea? Just asking because I wasn't sure...
PS: I wouldn't let people come up and smother him.
Just wasn't sure if it would be smart for my chin...I don't want him to be like...aljsdfljakldjsf.
Opinions? Tips? Ads?
Moose

I didn't say anything AGAINST it. I was asking if anyone knew of any ads for my speech at school. ^_^

There's an ad on youtube that shows a bunch of chins living in a guy's house, eating his cereal, in his bathtub and stuff, talking about how great it is to raise chins for money. But other than going to the nutjob site, you're not going to find ads against pelting, and I can't think of a single one for it either.

Oh...well...maybe I'll just use one against fur...(it's a really controversial issue and has A LOT of emotional appeal...)
What about bring my chin in? Good or bad idea?

I would probably keep the chin at home.

I'm doing a presentation on chin reproduction tomorrow and when I told my mom she said "You should bring Chloe in!!" and I thought yea, no...she'd either sleep or bark and run around the whole time. Plus, I feel like it would seem sort of unprofessional because it could be inferred I brought her just to exploit people's reactions to a cute fuzzy animal to help my grade. Some classes that's not the case but I knew I didn't need a chinchilla to talk about their reproduction and you probably don't need one to talk about your rhetorical analysis. Though, don't get me wrong--the novelty of a fluffy animal is certainly not lost on me. I would love it if someone brought their pet to class. I wouldn't pay attention to a single word they said, but I would love it.

More importantly, he's new to you, right? He may get stressed riding in the car and being in a new place. I don't know how much he's traveled, so I don't know what his reaction would be.

As for the ad, I have no idea. I don't remember seeing one with a chinchilla on TV or anything but I don't really read magazines either so they could be in there. I might cruise the ****, Fur-Free Alliance and HSUS sites or the like.

Okay...thank you. Yes, that's what I thought. I didn't know if bringing him in was a good idea or not so I thought I'd ask...although he does really well in the car, I'm not sure if he'd do okay if people wanted to pet him...
But thank you, that was helpful :]

PETA has lots of anti-fur ads.
One ad campaign is called Ink Not Mink and features tattooed celebs against furs.
Here's one picture for it, and I know they have tons of other ones.

(As a disclaimer, I'd like to note that I am not trying to disrespect the pelt-neutrality of this forum.)

Attachments

• l_ebd6d820d22e47e6a67e372b9a4908dd.jpg
    l_ebd6d820d22e47e6a67e372b9a4908dd.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 29
**** has lots of anti-fur ads.
One ad campaign is called Ink Not Mink and features tattooed celebs against furs.

(As a disclaimer, I'd like to note that I am not trying to disrespect the pelt-neutrality of this forum.)

I was going to suggest the **** ads as well, I know I have seen media blurbs about "So-and-So poses for **** in antifur campaign". Definitely Pam Anderson, not sure who else, Alicia Silverstone I think I've read before also is very big into that.

ETA; I just googled "anti fur" and images came up that fit what you are looking for, but I think a lot of them are not appropriate for work, so be careful in your search!

Last edited:
ETA; I just googled...

Umm...not to be the grammar police or anything :) but "ETA"?? Like "Estimated Time of Arrival; I just googled..." You silly goose!

ETA: And yes, I do know what it means to "edit to add" just in a silly mood

Last edited:
**** has lots of anti-fur ads.

RE: The tattoo picture -- I'd rather wear mink!!!

Latest posts

Back