Chichi gets antsy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pikaia

Gonna keck your butt ;)
Last night, I came home from work and found this adorable looking pair. The light one is Chichi (mother) and the dark is Tia (daughter). How sweet, right?

Well, later that evening, Chichi started to get very antsy. She does this every once in a while and I should keep track when this happens. Tribble (her son) is kept in a cage next to theirs. It seems Chichi gets this crazy urge to get out of her cage. She hops down to the bottom level of the FN and tries like heck to get out of the cage. She takes her little hand and pushes mine away. It's actually quite cute. After this, it was time to show me who's boss. LOL. She took my finger in her mouth and bit down gently. It was firm, but didn't hurt at all. It was like a warning nip. I didn't expect it, so I was kinda taken back by it. I felt those sharp teeth and I'm thinking uh oh! She could bite much harder. Is this a normal behavior in females? I didn't know if she was going through a type of breeding cycle? Tonight, she will be back to normal.

Tribble even starts acting crazy during one of these sessions. Chichi starts running around her cage like a mad woman and Tribble will follow suit. However, last night, Tribble was oblivious.

Attachments

• tiachichi.jpg
    tiachichi.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 57
My chinnies sleep like that :D very cute. Lola has her moody moments where she will act like shes going to let me scritch her and then tries to take a nibble of my finger haha, she also will grab my fingers and whack me away (usually if i wake her up) :D At playtime they are like little nutters jumping around in their cage, waiting impatiently for us to let them out :D

LOL shooper. Chichi is the sweetest and most timid chin, but when she sets her mind to something, you better watch out! :p

This video is from several months ago (digs have been updated) but my Fivel is usually very excited for Playtime when it's time to come out. It's consistent so his isnt hormonal I dont think, but your girl's may be.

Back