Chia the Pest

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For one, she is REALLY pretty.
For two, my male Bunny does the EXACT thing when he things more attention is in order :D

OMGosh and I though just my Mosaic was a PITA! lol!! I love the pause to look at you like "Are you gonna let me out yet? No? Ok..".. Arent chins just the funniest little creatures?

I had one named Gypsy that did the same thing! When she was demanding attention she would do whatever she could to be completely annoying until you acknowledged her!

Zoidberg is a super jerk when he wants to come out and play. He grabs the bars on the door and shakes them back and forth, and then he'll start to pull the door up and slam it down. We have cured both of those with a vice grips. That's Zoid up top, he just woke up. And that's Rufus on the bottom, he just threw his hay all over the bottom of the cage.

Attachments

• IMAG0658.jpg
    IMAG0658.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 29
I love the pause to look at you like "Are you gonna let me out yet? No? Ok.."

I know right?? She really knows what she's doing.

Well...did it work?? That was great!

It didn't! Sadly our apartment isn't air conditioned, only the office (where the chinnies are) and bedroom. So playtime can only happen on the cooler days when it's cool enough in the bathroom to let them out. Poor babies didn't get any playtime all summer -- it's getting cooler at night now though, so they're gonna be happier soon!

Wow, that is hilarious! She seems like she's super smart!

When she doesn't get playtime, Chia is a serious pest. I know that chins can do fine without playtime, but Chia does not do well without it - she becomes antsy, and does stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vibXZZQS-xY

It's both endearing and incredibly irritating!

Nietzsche does the same thing. He has one of those superpet bendable wooden huts bent into a half circle on the lower level of his cage near his chin spin, and whenever I don't let him out he pulls the superpet hut over so that it is touching the chinspin, and then he begins sprinting on the chin spin. The result is a horrible loud racket.

Back