Chewing on paper

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddykay

Whenever I do homework or study I do it on my bedroom floor so I can let my chin play with me. Sometimes she gets ahold of my card stock notecards and chews on them, but after chewing she eats the paper.

Is this bad?!

I wouldn't let her continue eating card stock paper, it does swell up a little bit when wet so enough of it will cause a blockage. Similar issue to cardboard, which chins have died from eating. If she just chews it that's fine, but swallowing it causes a problem.

You really don't want her eating cardboard or paper. No nutritional value, plus it can cause blockages in her gut. Keep your cards out of reach!

Definitely not a good idea. If she eats a lot it could could some major health problems and bowel problems. That's one reason why mine cannot play around cardboard because they will eat it.

Mine is good for not eating cardboard. If he is bored, he'll get destructive with it.

Paper on the other hand.... He loves to eat paper if he gets the chance... but I don't allow it!

Back