chewed whiskers?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarised

Taking my chins out for a run yesterday, i sat with my mum. This meant that at the end of the run, i always go to her with the chin so she can stroke it, as they tend to be too bouncy for her to stroke them normally.

On doing so though with Dita, i noticed her whiskers are chewed. Rather than taper off like normal whiskers they just stop, as if i'd cut them, at about 2 inches long.

Now she's recently been introduced to starrkey (who i think only has dominance at presence due to his size against the young dita). could it be him chewing her whiskers? is it a bad thing?

They seem to get on amazingly, its so cute just how much they've taken to living together, so i find this odd, unless he's trying to 'keep her in her place'

any ideas?

Dominant chins will chew the whiskers of the other chinchillas. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Dominant chins will chew the whiskers of the other chinchillas. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Yep.

I was totally surprised a while back when I took the chins out. The one who I had pegged as the dominate had his whiskers chewed..

Latest posts

Back