Chewed an eraser!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooky

I'm doing some homework on the floor while Fuzz is running around and I had to get up throw something away (Trashcan is in my room, but I was of course looking away for a second)
When I turned around I saw him dashing under the cage with my pencil. I got the pencil away first, but he had taken off the eraser I had on the end of my pencil and chewed some of it. Should I be concerned that he ate some eraser?

There is not much you can do after the fact other than watching his eating and pooing and make sure he is acting normal. If he is ok after a day or so no harm done. They get into EVERYTHING! My Dooney & Bourke purse is missing part of the duck emblem because I put it down for a second in the family room!

Okay, thanks for the advice! I'll keep an eye on him.
Ahhh, hehe, that's horrible! Chins can be such great designers. ;)

My chin climbed between my dresser and the wall once--ok, normal occurrence, I never keep too much or small stuff on top of the dresser or behind it for obvious reasons, but she came bolting out with a measuring tape (just the tape not the kind in the dispenser). I was like "wow, please don't eat that, but I've been looking for that for months now...thank you?"

I agree with Dawn's advice. Erasers are mostly rubber, some vinyl. The rubber may be able to be fermented by the chin, not certain though, and not certain of how it breaks down and how that would affect the chin. If it was a small amount and he may not have even ingested it, I would keep an eye but not freak out about it.

Latest posts

Back