Chester not drinking..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadouneko

The Saturday that just passed, I've had to move from NY to MA.. he was okay on the drive over, (total of a little under 4 hours of driving.)
When I set up his cage in my new apartment, he adapted to the environment rather nicely, bouncing off walls, exploring and whatnot.. but something I have noticed is that he hasn't drank anything since we moved in here.. I've noticed he has been eating, and I've seen him eat.. but the water has been on the same level since I filled it. I even bought a whole new water bottle made of glass since it was more hygenic to me. I didn't think it was stasis being as he is eating; it's just the water intake that has depleted.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this or maybe know of what this could be? I'm really worried..

have you called your vet.. you might want to see what they say.. hope he starts to drink real soon..

ps could it be the water bottle was sticking

I called the first day I was here just to secure that someone was knowledgable on chins.. I was going to make an appointment for tonight or tomorrow just as a little check-up..

and nah.. I checked to make sure they were still in working order.. I just hope nothing's wrong. ): I'm going to call me vet now to see what they have to say..

Get him some good bottled water, he may not like the taste of the new water. Try rubbing a raisin on the tip of the water bottle. If he does not start drinking right away he will need to go to the vet for hydrating shots. Oh, do you have the old water bottle? Or maybe buy one just like it, anything to get him drinking again.

Our new girl didn't drink very much when we brought her home. Drinks like a champ now! Mark the bottle. She was drinking so little we barely noticed. After marking we could see it though.

He is pooping normally and eating, which in turns lead to him having to be drinking, right? /: So what I did was I tried getting him to drink out of his old bottle.. didn't take it.. so I sat next to the cage and tapped on his bottle telling him to come over and I actually got him to take a few sips. I then marked the side of the bottle with a sharpie so I'm gonna see where it goes by tomorrow.
I think it might just be stress from moving to a new place? He used to drink a lot more.. but if he doesn't start drinking more I'm gonna have to bring him down to the vet. ):

Back