Checking in!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinChiq

Hi everyone! I am the proud owner of an approximately 1 year old female mosaic chin. I have always loved chinchillas, but never thought I would actually own one (due to several factors). About 2 months ago I was browsing the local SPCA's listing of adoptable "other" animals and stopped in my tracks when I saw a photo of a gorgeous chinchilla. I discussed the possibility of adopting her with my husband and he gave me the ok! So on my lunch break, I went to the SPCA for a meeting with the chin and fell in love instantly...I adopted her on the spot!

2 months later, Luna has settled into her forever home and I have learned so much about chinchillas! I did what is exactly NOT to do and adopted before researching. :embarrassed: We had a few bumps in the road...a few minor fur slips, several sprayings, lots of questions...but now she is completely at home and I know what is typical chinchilla behavior. I took her to the vet for a check up and she got a clean bill of health. She comes to the door of her cage for scratches under her chin whenever one of us is nearby, and she climbs all over my arm when I reach into the cage. She has recently started to allow me to pick her up for a quick cuddle!

I'm looking forward to picking up tips and advice from fellow chinchilla owners! :cute:

Hello! Awesome info here, and plenty of cute pics too! Cant wait to see a few pics of Lucky Luna :)

Latest posts

Back