cheap, safe and awesome chin toys?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrigan

Like most people we're feeling the economics crush, but I want my girlies to have all the fun they possibly can.

What are your ideas for cheap toys that your chins go nuts for?

At playtime, new cardboard boxes with holes cut into them are always a hit. Build a chin city and they have a blast. Costco has some really cool boxes in weird shapes and sizes.

I buy untreated KD 1x3" lumber and cut it into chunks. They like these more than any precut wood that I've bought. You have to be careful that there's no sap on them, but I've only had that be an issue one time.

A lot of the people who sell chinny things here have "bamboo shredders"... they are really cheap and my chins LOVE them.

Alternatively, at dollar stores you can often find bags of coin wraps. You know, those brown paper tubes that you organize coins in? You can get a big bag for a dollar and everyone will shred the heck right out of them.

what i do is buy pre-drilled wood/loofah/pumice/etc pieces and build my own toys. much cheaper than buying ready made toys from the store or online!

Back