Cheap Fleece Source?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn

I was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap sources for fleece that they'd like to share as I'm planning on pulling my brother cs600i sewing machine out in "attempts" to possibly make some chinny things for my 3 boys...some VERY simple things as I've never sewn.

The only sources I really know of are joanns (using a 50% off coupon or for their blizzard fleece to go on sale for 50% off) and fabric.com (clearance section of course).

Anywho, any additional recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I'm not looking to spend an arm and a legon fleece being theres a high potential for screwing it up:unsure:

Pretty much just keep a look out for sales from stores like Joann. Super Walmarts sometimes have a fabric section. There's also eBay.

Pretty much just keep a look out for sales from stores like Joann. Super Walmarts sometimes have a fabric section. There's also eBay.
Yea, I know I can get it on sale for just under $5yd at Joann's and from what I've seen on ebay it's usually either more money or sold in just small sections.

I'll have to check out wal-mart's prices, as I know the 1 near me has a craft section and I think they are carrying fabric once again...which is kinda nuts being just a couple months ago they sold off everything stating they were doing away with their craft/sewing section:hmm:

Some people use Hobby Lobby and Hancocks.

You might even check ebay, sounds weird I know, but I got a super cute monkey print on there.
Thanks for the info, I've never heard of either of those places...and oddly enough when I checked the store locator on Hobby Lobby I have one that's not too far of a drive.

I gave hancocks website a look over, they have some really cute fabrics and I found a coupon that takes 10% off your order of $50 or more in case anyone was looking (deckthehalls). The free shipping over $60 is nice too (which was able to be combined with the 10% off)!

If given the option is there a difference between say Blizzard fabric and anti-pill?

blizzard vs. anti-pill

Personally, I think the anti-pill is better, because I think the pilling is just a temptation for the chins to chew on it. I'd hate for one of them to eat those!

I lucked out rummaging joanne fabric's remnant bins, their remnants were 50% off and they ran a sale which took an additional 50% of the lowest price so now I have a rubbermaid container full of various fleece to putz with on days that I'm bored :)

Back