Change in Bathroom behavior

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilcutie0480

Gohan's Mom
My little guy is 13 & has never really been one to pee on his ledges. Occasionally, it would happen but never with any consistency. Recently, within in the last 2-3weeks he has repeatedly been peering on one ledge. No change in poop, water or eating consumption, regular amounts of urine, and good energy. Why the sudden change? His environment hasn't changed, nor his cage, people around him or his diet. Any suggestions?

wish i had and answer for you. Wish i had an answer for myself'
my girl used to always use her litter pan, then one day just stopped. Now she pees everywhere except the litter pan ><

I thought I was lucky becasue she always went down in the bedding then one day she decided that was too far and started going on the shelf. I threw in the towl litterally and I just put a towl down where she goes now to keep it clean.

I have no idea, but is it possible for chins to get arthritic? Maybe it's just that they're old and cant be bothered to go down to potty just to come back up anymore.

Latest posts

Back