change clothes?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkimariec

pit bull mama
so I work at a kennel and I come home on my break. if I want to see my chins and possibly take them out do I need to change?
also is it okay to spray perfume and or febreeze in a dif room but kinda near their room?

I would wash my hands, but they probably enjoy smelling the other animals on you? What kind of animals are they? You don't want to bring home parasites or anything.. I heard rabbits carry things that are very bad for chinchillas.

As for perfume and febreeze, we don't have a lot of space where we live, so if we want perfume it has to be in the same room.. I would try to avoid it if you can or crack a window if you spray it!

I used to volunteer at an animal shelter after coming home I would take a shower and throw my clothes into the wash machine before I would even touch any of my animals. That was just me and wanted to play it safe.

I work with dogs and cats.
do you think I should maybe change my shirt? or do you they will be okay😔

I do that when I come home for the day, but at lunch I don't have time to shower and I have to go back anyway. snickers what do you suggest? and what do you think about the perfumes, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess for lunch that is fine. I only volunteered one day a week. For perfumes I don't wear it at all. I myself can't handle the smell of perfume if it is over whelming gives me a headache. Maybe someone else can give you better answers. I am a plain simple person no makeup, perfumes, etc.

My chin (on one side of the cage) gets right next to my dog (on the other side). I don't see why the odor from other animals would bother a chin any more than the many other household odors they are exposed to. Chins in the wild are exposed to other animals and their smells. Same for the many chins that live with other animals in the home.

Latest posts

Back