Chamomile for chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahKay

Mother of Zeb and Roo
Hello, there was a thread posted suggesting chamomile calmed chins and might reduce fur chewing and I wanted to know if anybody has anything to say about the validity of that claim? Also, would tea bags containing pure chamomile flower be the same if opened and administered in small pinches?

I would talk to Tanya she owns www.fuzzieskingdom.com. She is very knowledgeable about herbs and their safety in chinchillas. I use her Stress& Anxiety supplement (which contains chalmomile) and Lady enjoys it.

tanya does have great product and is extremely knowledgable. she has helped me many times.

you are going to get very varied responses on herbs. many people feel they are not necessary and to stick with hay, pellets, & water. while others are advocates of herbal usage in both their pets and their selves. personally i feel after researching herbs and using in very moderate amounts, i have seen good results on my pets. the key is moderation and observation. give your chin a couple flowers and watch him for a day.
if you start adding too much stuff and they have a reaction you will not be able to pin point the problem.

I use Organic & Natural Chamomile Flowers in my oats & herb supplement and also herbal supplement. I feed 1/2 tsp once a week to my chins. I have it in my nursing supplement for my chins that gave birth.

Latest posts

Back