Cause for concern?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

Bean has been doing great since his ordeal and now I'm in constant paranoid mom mode. No changes with his weight, he's been eating/drinking/peeing well.

Last night I noticed that his poops were an odd shape, for him at least.
I found this picture when I was researching it.

poos[1].png

His stools were always more like the ones on the left. Last night and today, they are like the ones on the right. Very round(maybe some being a little rounder than what's pictured here) in comparison to his other ones, a good size, not soft at all and there are plenty of them.

What do you guys think?

Forgot to note... He's had a large supply of extra chews since I did some shopping. Could that be effecting his stool? Everything he has is chin safe.

I worry more when the poo is longer and pinched at the ends, that means constipation, rounder poo means more hydration-shorter time in the poop shoot (digestive tract).

I was just questioning because this is not normal for him, though it may be for other chins. Perhaps he's been drinking more often, I dunno Lol. His are usually exactly like the first row in that photo, never round. If I see a decrease in the number of poos, I might just have a heart attack. :')

Change in the amount of hay and treats/chews can affect the size and color. If the chin is eating and acting well, i wouldnt worry

Back