Cat Tree?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratchilla

Be very, very afraid
So, I've been thinking of purchasing a cat tree for during playtime. I think it will be something nice that they can climb on and jump around. A few questions though.

Do you think the material is safe? I was figuring it shouldn't be too bad since they are covered in carpet and that is what my chins play around on. Not to mention they are supervised (sat in with at all times) during playtime.

Next, what would be a safe height? I'm not sure and wouldn't want it to become dangerous. How high do you guys have things that they can jump onto?

Here is an example of one I am looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/80-CAT-TREE-CON...618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2563bf1712

I think the general consensus on those things is no. They are way too tall and made of questionable materials. I don't like my chins potentially falling from anything over about 2 feet. I may be wrong, but I would not risk chins on those.

That's okay, that is why I was asking. I guess if that is the case, they have little three footer ones. Maybe I could even use one of them as a reference and look at building myself one (if it's that small) and covering it in fleece.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back