Carriers?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EternallyCynical

So, because I'm extraordinarily paranoid I wound up rushing my lil' boy in to the vet a short time ago because I was worrying about his teeth (the vet found nothing wrong and he's eating, chewing, pooping, and gaining a little bit of weight instead of losing it, so it really was an over-reaction). When I took him in, I had to hurriedly clean out my cat's carrier and pop him in there since I didn't have anything else to take him in. But its a plastic carrier which he kept trying to chew (he was NOT happy about being cooped up....) and I always worry about exposing my animals to bacteria they shouldn't be around from my other animals. I'd like to get my boy an all metal carrier for travel when I can afford it (I have a long list of things to buy at some point which I have to prioritize and re-prioritize as things are added...). Does anyone know of any good metal carriers for chins? I saw Ryerson's and Quality Cage Company had some metal carriers but I don't know which would be best. I've only got the one chinchilla so I only need a one compartment carrier.

Ryerson or QC carriers are fine. Even better if you have a local feed/farm store and you can find a rabbit carrier or other metal small animal carrier.

When I've had to put Maci in the plastic cat carrier I lined it with fleece. I had lost power and had her in the car for the AC and later to a friends house. It worked in a pinch.

When I've had to put Maci in the plastic cat carrier I lined it with fleece. I had lost power and had her in the car for the AC and later to a friends house. It worked in a pinch.

I popped some fleece in with him on the floor but there's oval holes for ventilation on the top half of the carrier that I can't really secure fleece over, and that's what he was chewing :/

I've looked at QC and Ryersons, but I'm not sure what models would work. If I remember correctly, the smallest ones that Ryerson had were two-compartment, and QC had a lot of guinea pig carriers.... would those be big enough for a chin or do they have a different model that would be more suitable?

I'll definitely check out Shoots!

Latest posts

Back