Carriers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessers

So I'm trying to limit the movement of my chinchilla for the night but when I tried to put her into the carrier she just gets excited and it makes her want to jump around even more xP Should I just leave her in the cage and try to block off the other surfaces or put her in the carrier and have her all excited? O-O

She's just recovering from a small sprain, she looks healthier but doesn't put as much pressure on her sprained foot. The bottom of the cage isn't that big and she's pretty calm in the cage and sits in the corner eating hay but in the carrier she gets all excited so I'm not sure what I should do

One of mine was on restricted movement early this year and it's not easy! I used a cage that was about twice the size of a cat carrier, and she was still pretty hyper. The only thing that seemed to calm her down was swapping out her wood and hay every 5 hours, so maybe you could give that a shot. You could also try leaving the TV or radio on in the room she's in. I always have something on for my guys.

Also, be sure to tell her she's a good girl a lot so that she doesn't feel like she's being punished. Since she already has a sprain, a depressed chin in an itty bitty space would be heartbreaking, so try to keep her as happy as you can.

Before you move her back into her normal cage, ask your vet whether or not you should remove the shelves and the wheel for a little longer to make sure she doesn't injure herself more.

Good luck!

Back