Care Credit, and pet insurance

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinypixiexoxo

Izzie Dizzy Minuit Pappy
Does anyone have Care Credit, and do their exotic vets take it? My vet (Ness Exotics, Lisle, Il) take it, and I have 18 months interest free! We have used it for dwarf hamster tumor removals and such.

But I'm wondering... does anyone have anything interesting to share about Care Credit that I am not aware of?

And pet insurance. I will likely NOT insure my hamsters who have a lifespan of max 3 years. But I just got a 2 year old chinchilla, and I have a healthy 3 year old hedgehog. Are my chin and hedgehog worth insuring (by worth, I mean.. cost effective with likely illnesses and such. Of COURSE they are "worth" insuring as I will always take my pets to the vet.)

I take all of my pets (hamsters, as well) to the vet at any sign of illness or issues. This is just how I roll. I'm not made of money, but if I agree to take a living being into my house, I WILL take it to the doctor just as I would myself or a child (if I had any.).. so.

After I take my chin to the vet, and after my hedgehog's third annual checkup (which should prove good health,) is it a good idea to get them both insured? I expect to have my hedgehog for at least another 2-3 years, and my chin for many, many years. But since I am about to get married, and may have kids of my own, I need to know if the cost is worth it. I will continue to take everyone to the vet, insurance or not.

Anyone have any advice? Thank you :)

As far as I know, the only insurance company that will insure exotics is VPI. I have CareCredit, and prefer to stick with only that for my dog, cat & chins. I know with the dog & cat insurance, the deductible price is dependent on your dog, age, breed, etc. and does not cover any prevention care (check ups, vaccines, etc.) or pre-existing conditions. I really don't think it's worth it because I have the CareCredit for emergencies. I'm not sure if the exotics coverage works the same way or not.

Latest posts

Back