Cardboard and cardboard playhouses!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcraighenry

I was wondering if there was a consensus about how safe cardboard is? Vincenza loves to eat it, or at least shred it and chew on it. I seem to remember something about possible impactions?

Anyhow! I saw this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hip-From-Holl...d=1359958125&sr=8-18&keywords=cardboard+house

And thought it might be a good little play area for the chinchillas. Not sure about what dyes they use.

These are pretty cool too:

http://www.amazon.com/Catty-Stacks-...d=1359958416&sr=8-79&keywords=cardboard+house

I'm pretty sure it would just be easier for me to save boxes or buy a whole bunch and cut them out myself. But I kind of love that little house. What's your opinion cnh?

I have a different cardboard house and my boys love it! I only use it during playtime so I don't really worry about them eating it.

I really like the look of that castle one at petco. I wonder if they would have it in stores?

So these are a little large, but Woot! has children's cardboard playsets on sale for $9.99 today (feb 5) only.

You choose from either a castle, safari set, or t-rex. They come uncolored.

• Medieval Castle stands over 3 feet tall when assembled, and includes bonus cutouts of a king's crown, a queen's crown, and two scepters
  • The castle's gate opens for access by friendly forces
  • Safari Cruiser stands over 3.5 feet tall when assembled, and includes bonus cutouts of a lion and a lion cub
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex stands over 3.5 feet tall when assembled, includes bonus cutouts of a tree, shrubs, and a rock

• Medieval Castle Assembled Dimensions: 37" x 37.9" x 36"
  • Safari Cruiser Assembled Dimensions: 47.2" x 25" x 26.2"
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex Assembled Dimensions: 46" x 29" x 36"

If you've never bought from woot before, shipping is $5. However, once you buy one thing that day, shipping on anything else you buy that day to any address is free. So it's a one time/day shipping fee of $5.

So these are a little large, but Woot! has children's cardboard playsets on sale for $9.99 today (feb 5) only.

You choose from either a castle, safari set, or t-rex. They come uncolored.

• Medieval Castle stands over 3 feet tall when assembled, and includes bonus cutouts of a king's crown, a queen's crown, and two scepters
  • The castle's gate opens for access by friendly forces
  • Safari Cruiser stands over 3.5 feet tall when assembled, and includes bonus cutouts of a lion and a lion cub
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex stands over 3.5 feet tall when assembled, includes bonus cutouts of a tree, shrubs, and a rock

• Medieval Castle Assembled Dimensions: 37" x 37.9" x 36"
  • Safari Cruiser Assembled Dimensions: 47.2" x 25" x 26.2"
  • Tyrannosaurus Rex Assembled Dimensions: 46" x 29" x 36"

If you've never bought from woot before, shipping is $5. However, once you buy one thing that day, shipping on anything else you buy that day to any address is free. So it's a one time/day shipping fee of $5.

omg! I bought the castle and the little car.

Just remember, if they start to actually eat the cardboard, it is time to take it away since it can cause impaction if ingested.

Latest posts

Back