Canadian shows?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann Vole

There used to be Canadian chinchilla shows but not anymore. Is anyone interested in a Canadian show and where abouts are you (rough idea to decide where it would be easiest for most people to meet)? I am willing to do some leg-work to try and organize a meet or show but only if there is interest of course. For me, all the USA shows are over 1000 miles away so anything in Canada would be closer (and taking animals across the border sounds risky).

i would definitely be interested in going to a show up here in 'igloo land', lol.

i'm in Edmonton, and travel is a real bugger for me (don't drive, single mom, full time job that i have trouble taking vacation time for.....), so if a show were to be held here, that would be perfect. the Sands hotel has held fish/aquarium shows before, so i think they'd be open to a chin show.

I'm in vancouver
I think we should hold it at the dryest and coldest place in canada

that would be so amazing to have a show up here!
and edmonton would work for me too :D
or even just a chinchilla meet and greet?

When I used to live in Calgary 2 decades ago, there were regular guinea pig shows held in Alberta. It might work well to bring the two events together if there are still guinea pig enthusiasts having meets. I will explore that possibility. I think Toronto area has some chinchilla groups along with meets real close in USA so for the rest of us, Alberta is closer to the western provinces with Manitoba people being equally far from either location. The Edmonton-Calgary connection has great cheap transportation options so either city will be acceptable I think. Other rodents might come along if they have enthusiasts (but no rats in Alberta). I specifically have degus and there are lots of house mice genes for fancy breeders. The only reason to include other species would be to keep costs and entry fees down by increasing attendance. It would also add volunteers who may be able to find deals for location and door prizes and sponsors.

The Edmonton-Calgary connection has great cheap transportation options so either city will be acceptable I think
I have to take that back... the Red Arrow line used to accept caged pets on select trips but now they only accept registered service animals (like seeing-eye dogs). This could be solved though if I personally transported any animals that needed transportation through Saskatchewan or Alberta (but my truck is small so only can transport the animals in the cab).

Latest posts

Back