can you use this for chinchillas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chy1820

chy1820
can you use bird toys for a chinchilla? or at least the parts on the toys? if not where can i buy the parts?

Pretty much all the woods safe for birds should be safe for chins. Just do not use any toys with plastic, cotton ropes, etc.

some woods that are safe for birds are not safe for chins. maple is one example. but most bird toys are safe.

we have a number of vendors on here that sell toy parts. check out the classifieds section or keep an eye on the advertisement banner on the top of each forum page, it will cycle through vendors and just click their ad to go to their site.

I have bought bird toy part before. I usually use the little wooden beads as spacers when I put toys together.

I just got a ton of safe bird toys that were on clearance for my chin...I noticed the bird toys are easier to get then chin toys...bird toys with bamboo.... safe woods are great a few times there was some cardboard/unsafe stuff on the bird toys so I just disassembled them tossed the unsafe parts and added some of my own wood

agreed. bamboo and balsa - two common items on bird toys, are much too 'splintery'. i personally do not give these two to my chins.

they are the bamboo shredders on the bird toys they have tons of them on them sorry should have been more precise.....they are very soft and dont splinter they are like paper

Latest posts

Back