Can we pass our URI's to chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokorobosoi

It may be the meds... but I cant remember if they are suseptible to the same bug that causes an upper respitory infection in people? I am sick- very sick, the kind where im coughing up things i didnt know were in the human body....

Tomorrow is cage cleaning day. Assuming I follow all the handwashing practices and avoid actually sneezing on a chin (like i managed to do to the poor dog at dinner).... is it worth doing, or can i run the risk of getting my babies sick?

I know its recommended i avoid the parrot, but not sure about chins.

I believe all small critters are at risk. When I'm sick I don't take chances. If you are still coughing you are contagious. Even breathing in the cage could spread stuff. So if you wash really well and don't cough or breathe on anything and have clean clothes on it might be okay but if it were me I'd just wait. I had pneumonia last year. Took 10 weeks. Had to get my husband to help.

Was afraid of that. Thanks for the input. Haven't gotten sick like this in a long time- making everything difficult. Boss practically locked me out.

Might come down to hiring a pet sitter at this rate since I've already gotten hubby sick. Not my fault I like to cuddle in my sleep!!!! Lol.... Now if only I knew of a sitter who isn't afraid of any type of animal and can catch kamikazi leaping ferrets in midair. Smh... I am doomed.

It happened to me a couple of years ago and I am real careful. One got it and passed it to the two others. Either your or someone else watch them like a hawk, caught early they just get the baytril blues.

Back