Can one chin have treats while the other doesnt?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

My boy Phillip has just reached the six month mark, his cage mate Terrance ( now fully eating again! Little boy had me worried for nothing. He is back to his curious self) is only three months. I debated buying chin safe treats for Phillip but didn't know if it would be fair to Terrance. I didn't know if he would get jealous or not. I also don't want to run the risk of him stealing treats and getting sick. Terrance runs out of the cage every time I open it. After being with me a month Phillip still does not trust me enough to come to the door and runs away when I try to get him out. I dont chase him around the cage. He gets his head scratched and seems to like that. I thought treats may be a bit of incentive to trust me more. I just wanted to ask the experts before doing anything :)

I have older ones and 3 month old in the same cage. I give them apple twigs and shredded wheat to all of them, otherwise they will fight.

I would just give them both some good ol' wood. Safe for both and they think of it as a treat. Plus it lasts longer :))

I agree with just dedicated wood for treats. I'll never survive with giving only 1 chin treats, the other 3 would kill me lol.

I would opt for wood too, but do occasionally offer a rose hip. The worst are the babies with Mothers, they are often stealing the rose hips from them, so I generally throw in a couple extra.

Latest posts

Back