Can my chin eat dried fruit

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any health food or natural food store will carry them dried. I'm able to find them both crushed and whole.

If you didn't open the vitamin sticks, not know what they cost, I'd get a credit back and get something for you chins that they would enjoy.

I don't even know if they sell them separately....these ones came inside of a large box with a cage...water bottle and a couple bowls. But I'll take them to a store and see what happens :)

I jus6t thought I'd add, Lan already said it but don't feed shredded wheat everyday. It can make them constipated which could be dangerous. But boy howdy do my girls love shreddy wheat day.

I know that.....thank you for the reminder though! So since I gave him some today(Friday) should I wait until say....Monday and give him more? Or wait longer then that?

I wouldn't give shredded more than 2x week. Rosehips you can get from "Alli713" here
from the forum. I just placed an order for some crushed ones, as my one chin doesn't
like the whole ones. Mine get a cherrio 2x week as a treat. Also, a small pinch of oats
(from Ryerson's - online feed store--i think i spelled that right) you can give that as a
treat 3x week --they "LOVE" that.

Okay...thank you. Is alfalfa(don't know if that is spelled right lol) better then timothy hay? And can they have that all the time?

Alfalfa can be too high in calcium to be given as the main hay source. You are better to stick with Timothy hay as the daily hay. If you want to give alfalfa as a treat once in a while it shouldn't be a problem.

Back