Can chins get stung by bees?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peachydays

<--My sweet girl Gregory
Has anyone had any experience with their chin getting stung by a bee?

I am asking because about a month ago, I noticed dead bees in my basement. I also saw where they were getting in from through the outside of the house (I saw them going in through a small hole where the siding meets the brick). The bees in the basement weren't alive or anything, so I didn't do anything about it. Today I noticed LIVE bees in my family room and kitchen. I decided I should call a bee removal service. My mother convinced me I should just spray the hole on the outside of the house where they were getting in. My boyfriend and I did that tonight.

Mistake.

When we came inside after spraying, I noticed several live bees in the basement, and in the family room and kitchen. The bees were angry. There was no way I could spend the night at my house, so I'm at my parents' now.

My basement is unfinished, and there is a tiny room that has a door, but the walls don't go all the way up to the ceiling. Before I sprayed, I put the chins in that room, and put a towel in the crack between the bottom of the door and the floor.

I am very worried about my babies, mad at myself for not thinking this through more carefully, and mad at myself for not going with my gut feeling and just calling a bee man.

I am going to my house tomorrow morning to assess the situation and remove Max and Romeo.

Last edited:
They can get stung by insects, on another forum a chin was stung by a black widow and died. I would guess it would have to be on the paws, feet or head since the rest of the fur is too thick. They can eat insects too and be killed or get sick if the insect is poisonous.

Thanks for the response Dawn. :)

When I went to my house this morning, they were both fine, although I think a little confused at being in the small room. There weren't any bees in their room, so I decided to leave them there instead of bringing them in their carriers to my parents house.

The bee man is coming tomorrow afternoon.

Bee's release chemicals when they come under attack. Found that out the hard way, which is why you ended up with more live ones. I hope all is ok for you guys. I hate bees!!!

Back