Can anyone identify what kind of cage this is?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinessa

Hello everyone! I've been a huge lurker of this forum for quite some time now and have only recently registered. :]

I plan on adopting my first chinchilla in a couple of weeks from a girl who cannot care for her anymore. This is the cage she is coming with.

http://images.craigslist.org/5Ga5K15J63G83F73L9c49ce7ded176bcc1de9.jpg
(It's sideways- tilt your head to the left. :p )

It looks like some sort of Martin's cage to me, but I can't really tell. I haven't seen the cage in person yet, this is just a picture she sent me. She said it's three stories high and I asked her to email me the dimensions, but she hasn't responded yet.

Does anyone have an idea as to what kind of cage this could be? I know this is hard without the dimensions, but if I covered the mesh floors with fleece, would this be a suitable cage for one chinchilla?

Thanks for your help!

It looks like a Martin cage to me. I would say it is a fine cage for a chin but only if you do cover the bottom with fleece. Don't want our little friend's feet to get hurt. :)

Thanks you guys. I suspected as much. Do either of you have a clue as to which Martin's cage it could be? I looked at their chinchilla cages online, but none of them seem to have the whole top level like this one.

Thanks! I suspected as much. Do any of you have a clue as to which Martin's cage it might be? I looked at their chinchilla cages online, but none of them seem to have that whole top level like this one does. I know some of the rat ones have a level like that, but this one is too large to be a rat cage.

I was thinking Martin's too.. maybe the Town House? Expect the TH house 3 doors, the one you linked only looks like it has 2.

Either way, it looks like a nice cage and your chin should be very happy in it!

I have a martins cage just like this, I think it is an older model. Put something on the ramps then you can make wooden shelves that just sit on the wire. Seems to work well for our cages.

Sorry for posting twice before.

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to cover up the ramps with fleece or something. The wooden shelves are a good idea. I can't wait to get it and set it up now!

Back