can anyone help me build this cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chy1820

chy1820
i have been searching on how to build a cage like this one with no luck so can anyone give me detailed instructions on building this cage or a similar one? i would really appreciate it

Attachments

• 100_8515.jpg
    100_8515.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 95
You might want to rethink that idea. That cage looks like it would be a NIGHTMARE to try to clean, not to mention it's shaped totally wrong for the needs of a chin. They spend very little time at the bottom of a cage, preferring to be up high as much as possible, so to have the main portion of a cage on the floor with only a small part for height is just all wrong for a chin.

Save yourself the time and the money and just buy a Ferret Nation.

It is a cool design, but I agree, might not be best for a chinchilla. Maybe a ferret or Sugar Glider....
I have 3 double ferret nation cages and love them!!

You can also go on Custom Cageworks and have one made and shipped to you.
I got my runs from here.

I really like the ferret and critter nation cages too, but if you are trying to save money and you have the time Tractor Supply does carry the 1/2" x 1" cage wire in a gauge sturdy enough that it doesn't need any frame supports. It comes in 10' x 2' sections for $20 (2 rolls for a 3' x 2' cage or 3 rolls for a 4' x 2' cage.) You would need c rings (also called hog rings) and a c ring tool (sold at martinscages.com) or j clamps and a j clamp tool (sold at tractor supply). They also have cage pans, but they are the heavy plastic so you could get a metal cage pan from bassequipment.com for about $25 plus shipping depending on the size. To cut the wire you can use the heavy duty blue handled wire cutters electricians use. You will also need a metal sander to sand down the sharp nubs from cutting the wire. This will save you a little money and takes a couple of hours to make, but it won't be as nice as the ferret nation cages, which also come with a nice stand on wheels.

i thought about buying a ferret nation but id rather build one because i can say i built it and be proud of my hard work if that's understandable? i would just like to make the top of that cage not the bottom because my chin loves to climb that's why i need the instructions

Latest posts

Back