Calling in her sleep

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sometimes they just do it .....mine uses it as a come let me out call....
as long as they are eating /pooping /acting normal and no ones intruding on there space its ok maybe chin was sleep barking and dreaming LOL

We have a couple that bark in their sleep, and one which, twice now, has woken us up with blood-curdling cries, to have us rush down and, when we get down there and turn on the light, we have seven chins staring at us from their cages, wondering why we turned the light on. Because whichever one cries gets quiet when our footsteps rush down the stairs, we can't narrow down which chin it is, either, but we give them all a look-over, just in case. I think one of the newly-adopted ones had a bad experience before he came either to us or to the previous family.

Both of my boys cry in their sleep, to the point that I can tell the difference between their voices. They are always completely asleep when they do it, and don't wake up until I say their name. I usually talk to them or give them scritches until they are ready to go back to sleep. Zoidberg usually goes right back to sleep, and most of the time my little insomniac Rufus stays up for awhile after.

Back