Calling all Toronto and GTA chinchilla owners!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeanette

From Q to H
This is sort of an emergency (albeit, not mine directly).

There is a store near me that has chinchillas in a stifling hot and humid room. When I say hot, I mean like 32 degrees celsius (which is about 90 degrees fahrenheit for all the Americans). The chinchillas were not moving. One was on its side, having labored breathing (and it's nipples were very pronounced... we could take a guess at what that means!). There were three in a fairly large cage. One was actually sitting in the water dish.

The store told me that they are desert creatures and so they would be fine with the heat. I walked out thinking "yea, they might be desert creatures, but they are nocturnal. That means they are out at night when the desert would be cold!"

Anyway, I was hoping some people could take a trip to this store (or call it) to take a look at these chinchillas. The squeaky wheel gets the grease! And the upset customers could possibly get them to change their ways. I won't post the name of the store here, but PM me and I'll give you the info.

Latest posts

Back