Calcium?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkatxrinax

Hello,

I read that chinchillas teeth should be a dark yellow/orangey colour, but my two have lighter yellow teeth which means they need more calcium :eek: What are good calcium sources for chinchillas? :) thank you.

If you are feeding a good quality diet & they are just pets (not breeders), you shouldn't need to supplement. What are you feeding and how old are your chins?

I'm feeding them good quality pellets, they're from a major petstore here but i've looked into them and apparently they're good and I feed them a mixture of timothy hay and alfalfa because adding a bit of alfalfa is the best way to bribe them into eating their hay as they're not avid hay eaters xD and they are going to turn 2 in just over 2 months.

They're pets at home chinchilla Nuggets, here are the ingredients and analysis :
Ingredient(s):

Wheat, Grass Meal, Soya Hulls and Full Fat Soya, Oat Bran, Peas, Unmolassed Sugar Beet Pulp, Brewers Yeast, Vegetable Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate and Calcium Carbonate, Fructo-Oligosaccharides.

Analytical Contituents:

Moisture 9%, Protein 17%, Oils and Fats 4%, Fibre 14%, Ash 6.5%

I'm obviously happy to swap them to a different food if that one isn't good enough, It's just the easiest pellet to get here :eek:

The UK and USA have very different ideas on what is a good chinchilla feed, perhaps ClaireD will see this thread and say if this is a good UK feed or not.

Latest posts

Back