Cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosco Lam

I'm getting a chinchilla on saturday and I'm really excited. However, I'm still not sure which cage to buy.

http://petcetera.ca/Products/Small-Animals/Cages-Habitats/Rabbit-Cage---K-D----Small.aspx would this one be okay?

Also, what can I use to cover the bottom of a cage if it's wired?

If anyone knows where to get a good cage around Vancouver BC can you let me know please? Ordering online is not an option at the moment because the breeder is only coming in for a few days.

Thank you!!

Wow - for that amount of money you could get a FerretNation which is quadruple the size, is much sturdier, and leaves plenty of room for fun stuffs. I would do a search for either the FerretNation or the Critter Nation and see if you can get them near you.

You could get a small, cheap, cage while you order online if need be. It's just such a waste of money to buy that type of cage when you could have one that is so much better.

Search out ferret nation on this forum and you'll see some awesome pics of what you can do.

thank you! but dont the ferret nation have plastic bottom platforms?

yes they do, but you can completely take out the shelves and of course replace them with wood shelves
or you can leave them in and put fleece on them.

for the pans you can either get fleece liners for them or you can get metal pans from bass equipment.

Ferret Nations are great. they're easy to clean, fun to decorate, provide lots of room, can be split into two separate cages if you get the (182), and they will last you a long time :)

thank you! i think they sell ferret nations at the local petsmart so i'll just take a look there

also, if i were to leave him somewhere before his cage arrives where should i put him? (i dont have another smaller one)

You could pick up a cat carrier if it's only going to be for a day or two. They are like $20.00 at Wal-Mart here in the US. You will need some type of carrier anyway in case you have to put him somewhere to clean his cage, move his cage, go to the vet, etc.

thanks! I'm just gonna leave him in for a couple of days before the cage arrives. do you think he will chew on the side plastic though?

Back