Cages colors?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Alex~

Decoration of Ernie's cage is going to be underway starting next payday and I am totally fighting over myself with which colors to go with!! Although he's male I'm super tempted to go with Pink. pretty much all my room is pink (my area rug is a cute pink one if you notice...) But his Bath house is a really pretty royal blue that matches his play pen...

I'm also fond of purple and red...:banghead:

What do you guys think? This will mostly apply to fleece colors for a tube and anything else I decide to get him~

Maybe I can get away with pink and blue? haha I'm so stumped what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 29
I always match my pets decor to the room that they are in. They don't care if their boys in pink or girls in blue just that they have things to play with and cuddle up in. I can't stand for stuff to not match. I think do what suits you best!

Real Men Chinchillas can wear pink

061.jpg

HAHA that picture is so adorable!! Manly enough to expose his chest hair, too!

OT: Try prints! I'm sure you could get red/purple/blue/pink stripes/spots/other designed fleece without looking too hard. :)) My boys have rainbow stripes for their hammock/tubes and clovers/tye dye/sequins for their liners. It's just one big, colorful, groovy cage at all times!

If you want solids, you could do half blue and half pink. I've made a couple sets that were half and half. Maybe a hammock that's pink on one side and blue on the other. The possibilities are endless...and I'm sure Ernie will love it nomatter what color it is! Share a pic when you are done!

my boys have pretty much the same colour scheme in their cages, and it doesn't match the room at all, lol. i've got baby blue, medium/sorta sky blue, green, and yellow fleece in both cages right now. the room has red chairs and brown and pink seashell pictures on the wall, and a craptastic brown and red laquered 80's desk.

i figure the chins don't care what everything looks like, just as long as it's comfy and there's lots of wood to chew on :))

When I was picking colors a few months ago, I opted to pick a color light enough that if they were huddled in a back corner, I could see them, but dark or patterned enough that if the cage went 2 or 3 days between vacuumings it wouldn't look completely disgusting.

I like the idea of doing the half pink half blue that sounds super cute!

I have a boy too and most of his cage is blue and green but he does have a Cinderella hammock that has purple and pink hahaha

OMG Dawn, you made me spit my Pepsi! That is so cute!!!!

I don't think the boys really care what color you use, so you can always bribe them with wood! I'm sure the pink would work out if that's the color you have in the room. i think if you went with multiple shades of pink that would look really nice too!

Forgot to mention this. I am a banker and one of the guys that worked here would wear pink dress shirts. If anybody gave him any guff about it, he would always say "It's not pink, it's light red"! Anyway that saying kinda caught on and pink became light red for males!

haha oh gosh I love that picture! And thanks guys! I decided to do something to match my room since Im really OCD about stuff matching...so I went with a pink fleece and a black fleece with white polka dots on it. I just ordered a bunch of fleece stuff from classy chillas. Her stuff is really adorable! I just couldnt pass up the cube house!!

Isnt there a thread somewhere also on how to hang up pvc tubes? Its basically the same as ledges right? get 2 large bolts, washers, and wing nuts?

Latest posts

Back