Cages, cages and more cages!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinny

I am so overloaded with cages! I have thought about getting a different cage but I am not for sure if I am or not. I decided to take a look at what was available.
There is the Prevue fiesty ferret cage
The ferret nation (yes, I know everyone loves this one)
The marshall estate ferret home

I want something not too expensive but worth the money. I also didnt want a stand because I have something for it to sit on already.
I just dont feel like I have enough info so please if anyone could tell me the difference between these. They look the same.
The bottoms in pictures look like its wire and I have seen on here pics with a pan which I assume is a Bass pan. I just dont want to have to buy something else on top of the money i might spend on the cage.
I saw also somewhere someone had removed the stand on theirs is this actually possible or must they removed it in a different way?
I also wondered there is a 182 model out that says it is the updated 142. The only difference i really see is that it is easily put together. Is there more?
It says the height is roughly 63 is this including the stand or exactly the space a chinny would have?

I know I have tons of questions but I want to make sure I have all the info before even thinking about it. It seems a little expensive compared to others.

I have been searching on this sight and I see that some mention the 182 is not all that great compared to the 142. I thought not assembling it would be great idea but if it would fall apart and the top isnt secured down that one will have to be marked off the list of ideas.

If you already have a stand for the cage then check out the Quality Cage Townhouse or Condo. They are 100% metal, so you wont need to buy pans, and they come with chin safe wood shelves.

www.qualitycage.com

I am so overloaded with cages! I have thought about getting a different cage but I am not for sure if I am or not. I decided to take a look at what was available.
There is the Prevue fiesty ferret cage
The ferret nation (yes, I know everyone loves this one)
The marshall estate ferret home

I want something not too expensive but worth the money. I also didnt want a stand because I have something for it to sit on already.
I just dont feel like I have enough info so please if anyone could tell me the difference between these. They look the same.
The bottoms in pictures look like its wire and I have seen on here pics with a pan which I assume is a Bass pan. I just dont want to have to buy something else on top of the money i might spend on the cage.
I saw also somewhere someone had removed the stand on theirs is this actually possible or must they removed it in a different way?
I also wondered there is a 182 model out that says it is the updated 142. The only difference i really see is that it is easily put together. Is there more?
It says the height is roughly 63 is this including the stand or exactly the space a chinny would have?

I know I have tons of questions but I want to make sure I have all the info before even thinking about it. It seems a little expensive compared to others.

at least with the older FN 141/142/143 you could just leave the stand off when building the cage and then put it on a stand. I leaft the legs off of mine and just put the wheels on it - since mine is three levels I wanted to be able to reach the top.

I've never had the other cages so I don't know about them.

Latest posts

Back