Cages and Wheels?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aepping

Hello! I am adopting a 4-month old chinchilla in 3-4 weeks, and want to get his cage ordered soon so I can get it set up! I was thinking the Martin's Cage Chinchilla Skyscraper! Has anyone else used this or heard good or bad things about it? Also, has anyone used their wobust wodent wheel? I was thinking of getting that for him. If anyone could please help me out that would be great! I want him to arrive to a nice and safe home :)

I'm not sure about the cage, it looks fine. However those wheels are not made for chins, they're too small and probably would get too warm. If you get a wheel an all metal one is the way to go, you don't really want any plastic in the cage at all. Flying saucer, chin spin, and silver surfer are some good ones. Chins shouldn't have wheels until they are 6 months old, so you have some time on that part.

I'm not sure about the cage either, I own 2 Critter Nations and everyone loves the Ferret Nations as well. As Becky said, that wheel isn't safe for a chin. She listed all the ones that are :) I will be getting the Flying saucer for my 2 pairs as well :)

I am not fond of the wire shelving Martins uses in their cages. I have called and asked them before to leave it out which they have (and it also makes the cage just a little bit cheaper). Aside from that I have never had an issue with their cages. :)

I've heard of people using Martin's cages, but in terms of wheels, look at the flying saucer and chin spin wheels. Those are probably the best. Also check out Quality Cage's website. Their set ups are awesome!

Latest posts

Back