Cage too big

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamiJami

Is it possible to have a cage that is too big? I mean, I know that there is if you don't have proper shelving and whatnot. But, assuming you set it up well, is it possible to have one too big?

In my opinion, NO. I think bigger is always better as long as it is stable and has proper shelving so that your chin cannot fall and get hurt.

Nope! If I could set up a room for my girls as thier cage I would!
My one girl has almost 24/7 access to the chin room and her own cage because her cage is currently so small. It's set up so she can't hurt herself and she's happy as can be.
My other girls only get a few hours a day of play time during which I remove her from the room (she lost a finger when they managed to access her cage, so now I just remove her for the time they are out)

Aarg, it's my dream to have a whole room as their cage, BUT they would never get along, lol. Rotten stinkers. I would love to have a rock climbing wall, with crevices for sleeping in, just like in the wild, and a little waterfall of dust with a dusting wading pool at the bottom. *sigh*

But then I imagine trying to clean that, and I'm happy with my FN's again, lol...

The only cage too big is one that is too tall and hits the ceiling
takes up the whole room
and also can house up to 20 chinchillas.

Yes, this is the biggest and much to big cage you can get. but you could fit alot in the cage.

It would be great for 1 chinchilla and what i meant by the whole room is like alot of room in the room but walking room and other furniture room

The chinchillas would be happy, but unless you built one, then you couldnt find one unless you want to spend so much money on one.

So thats the only way, but really no

Aarg, it's my dream to have a whole room as their cage, BUT they would never get along, lol. Rotten stinkers. I would love to have a rock climbing wall, with crevices for sleeping in, just like in the wild, and a little waterfall of dust with a dusting wading pool at the bottom. *sigh*

But then I imagine trying to clean that, and I'm happy with my FN's again, lol...

Lmao!
I actually have designed a rock wall/mountain with hidey holes and tunnels and storage space inside. Just never built it... Yet... Lol!!

Yeah, the cleaning part is the first thing that popped in my mind when I read this. Sounds wonderful, just needs to come with a dedicated habitat maid. ;)

Back