Cage Swap Questions.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoMonster

Okay. So currently I'm in college and I have my chin in a cage that is :

(If I had to estimate)
2.5ft wide
1.5 ft deep
Little under 3ft tall

I don't know how to convert that for those of you who use the metric system.
It has a ground level, a middle ledge, and a higher ledge along with a fleece hammock and some toys. Plus food and water and hay and such but thats a given.

I can't bring a bigger cage to college, as I don't have the room for it but I'm not worried about it being to small for him as he has ample room to bound around and such.

Over the summer when I'm home I'm thinking of getting a bigger cage for him; bigger all around, but definitely higher.

1. If I was to keep him in the big cage during the summer and the fall semester (I'll probably be in italy and my parents would watch him) would it be bad when I have him back in the smaller cage for when I am back in school? Or if I go home for a weekend or so and just take him in his carrier and not bring the cage as well, keep him in the big cage for the weekend and then bring him back to the smaller cage?

2. He is what I like to call "Mr. Clumsels" as he tends to be clumsy sometimes when he's jumping around crazy and takes a fall or two. I don't worry about it beause the fall is usually only 3inches or so, but it makes me wonder if a bigger cage would be safe for him. He is still young, so maybe he'll grow out of his awkward clumsyness?

I'm not looking to get a new cage for a couple of months when I have the money, but I'm looking to get insight from those of you who know this better.

I'm not much help for #1. It sounds fine to me if he's used to both cages.
For #2- He'll totally be fine in a bigger cage. Levi attempts to wall surf in his cage (He almost always fails), and he sometimes falls from pretty high up. I was worried at first, but he's learned not to jump up that high anymore. I'm guessing "Mr. Clumsels" will adapt, too. =)

Hope that helps some!

Latest posts

Back